Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A friend for Ghost

 

On Sunday, we took in a companion for Ghost.  He's alittle 20 year old man, a welsh pony cross who is sweet as pie.  He has foot problems though.  He has cushings and has periods of being laminitic.  He is on a lot of meds but seems in good spirits.  He used to be a lesson pony for little children so he is perfect if my kids want to ride around every now and then but he will be quiet enough to be Ghost's new companion in the pasture.  His name is Merlin...I am told he is so named because he likes to open gates and let all the horses out.  I am glad I got the heads up...at least I can try my best to keep them all contained!  To me, being on all the medication that he is on he should have little soundness issues.  Soooo, I am changing some things up.  He is going on a laminitic feed called Formula 4 Feet which I have been using for our other pony and she has done great on, along with wet hay and some free choice minerals.  We'll see what happens with this little guy.  For now, he is very much welcomed in our barn.

2 comments:

  1. So darn cute. Hope he and Ghost get on well together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too! they can hide in the snow together. haha.

    ReplyDelete